Welcome to Rampage Knights! This guide is intended to give new players a general overview of Rampage Knights, and it's mechanics, controls and interfaces.
What is Rampage Knights?
Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration, which you can play alone or with a friend online. You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead to a nearby ruined castle, where the source of the black magic covering the land is dwelling. Gear up with awesome and ridiculous weapons and spells as you descent into the deep labirynth to face its sinister master and break the curse.
A limited Tech Demo is currently available, with the game expected to enter beta in late 2014 or early 2015.
More information: About Rampage Knights
- Windows requirements: OpenGL compatible graphics card, DirectX 9.0c runtime
- Mac requirements: Mac OS X 10.5+
Getting Rampage Knights
The Rampage Knights Tech Demo is available for free on the Rampage Knights Website.
The full version of the game will be available on Steam upon release.
After this, players will be shown the main menu.
The following menu items are available:
- Play local: Starts a single player game of Rampage Knights.
- Online Co-op: Allows players to play a co-op game of Rampage Knights. Players can either host the game, or join a game hosted by another player.
- Options: Allows players to view and change the game settings.
- Intro: Allows players to rewatch the game intro.
- Help: Shows Rampage Knight's basic controls.
- Quit: Closes the game.
The CampThe Camp. This is the hub of the game, where players start and where they respawn when they die. Here, players can change their appearance and attire by speaking with Igor. Several other NPCs are present, although they cannot be interacted with.
More information: The Camp
To the left of The Camp is a graveyard. When the player enters the graveyard, a single Skeleton will spawn but will not attack the player. This makes it perfect for practicing combat before entering the game proper.